So you are not sure you are ready to take the plunge? Are you wondering what it is like or what should you be asking yourself?
All you have to do is ask around and you will find almost everyone has an opinion. That, by the way, never goes away. Everyone has something to say about what you do and how you do it and which curriculum you chose to do it with.
But that does not mean you should not ask around. Lake County has 1500+ homeschooling families and between them and Google, there is information and support and help to answers to your concerns and questions.
Considering home-education? What questions you should ask?
- What educational, spiritual, and character goals do we have for my child(ren)?
- What are the preferred learning styles of our child(ren)?
- With which teaching methods do we feel most comfortable?
- What curriculum materials will we use for our child(ren)?
- How much will the materials cost?
- Do we know other homeschooling families or a support group from whom we can get encouragement?
- How will we utilize Internet or virtual resources for education as well as research?
- What personal contacts do we have which could prove beneficial for apprenticeships, lessons, classes, and mentor experiences?
Those questions cover a wide range of concerns and if answered, could take you through the high school years. But maybe you want to take it slower than that. Or maybe you are pretty certain you do want to homeschool after all.
Start here with So you want to homeschool – Job One!